Enuresis. Sensitive topic. What parents of children with enuresis need to know
Enuresis is nighttime urinary incontinence. Often parents complain that the child suffers from nighttime urinary incontinence.. It is based on the loss of the conditioned reflex, which consists in waking up from sleep in response to the urge to urinate. In preschool children, enuresis occurs in 13%, in schoolchildren in 7%.Boys are more likely to suffer from d
eve. There is a functional form of enuresis due to psychogenic factors defects in education mental injuries and infectious diseases. Normally, by the age of 3, the baby’s bed should be dry.
There are two forms of enuresis: primary, starting from birth and continuing in the future. Reason: improper upbringing and care, when the child is not put on a pot or. do this not systematically, and also leave for a long time in a wet bed.
But sometimes it happens that all the educational measures are correct, and yet the child does not master the skills of neatness – in this case, they talk about secondary enuresis.
Reason: diseases of the Central nervous system, abnormal development of the spine, spinal cord, diseases of the urinary system, mental injuries, fright, severe infections, etc. A child may have one or more reasons at the same time.
Neurotic disorders are noted –irascibility, secrecy, depression, shyness .Academic performance is often reduced.In the organic form, changes in muscle tone, tendon reflexes, and sensitivity disorders are detected.
If this diagnosis is made for your child, you should contact your pediatrician as soon as possible, who will prescribe the necessary amount of examinations and consultations with specialist doctors.
Remember-the outcome of treatment is directly proportional to < enuretic experience>.
To help your child get rid of enuresis as soon as possible, you should follow these recommendations.
1. Proper upbringing. You should carefully monitor the implementation of the prescribed daily routine for the child: taking fluids in the last 3-4 hours before bedtime is not allowed, preschool children should fall asleep no later than 21-21, 30 hours. Mandatory daytime sleep, and students-a day’s rest for 1-1, 5 hours, walking in the fresh air. Allowed time for TV shows-2-3 hours, playing on the computer-no more than 1 hour-30 minutes; during the last hour before going to bed, the bladder is emptied several times.
2. You should not Wake the child at night to visit the toilet. You should go to the toilet before going to bed. This action either neuroticizes the child even more, or removes the responsibility for a wet bed. In addition, systematic Wake-UPS disrupt sleep, exhaust the child, and are also very burdensome for parents who perform the role of duty.
3. Do not put an oilcloth under the child-this is a hidden distrust of the treatment. During treatment, put a plastic wrap on the mattress and cover it with a sheet. Bed linen should be white and clean, no different from the bed linen of other family members. The child’s room is warm and dry, the bed is semi-rigid, and the night clothes are loose and light. In the bedroom, you should have a night light turned on before going to bed, a Mat in front of the bed, a chamber pot placed in a place accessible to the child.
4. In any case, you should not punish a child for a wet bed! Fear of repeated punishment not only does not contribute to the cure, but, as a rule, worsens the course of the disease. You should remember that the very fact of involuntary urination in bed sometimes puts a heavy burden on the child’s psyche. You must win the child’s trust and favor. Convince him that the wet bed during treatment is an accident or a consequence of a violation of the regime. At the same time, it is necessary to emphasize the need to actively strive for recovery. It is important to instill in the child that his defect is temporary and will pass without a trace. The main thing is to want-and the disease will recede. This is not a disease, but a bad habit that a child can get rid of with the help of doctors, provided that certain requirements that are not burdensome for him are met.
5. you should dress your child according to the season. Avoid hypothermia, getting your feet wet. During the cold season, children should wear warm underwear and shoes.
6. Try to save the child from traumatic situations. Create a positive and peaceful family environment. In everyday communication with the child, you must be extremely self-contained and tactful with him, do not “pull” contradictory orders and instructions, do not humiliate your self-esteem. Clarification of family relations and resolution of conflict situations should take place in the family only in the absence of the child.
The child should know what is possible and what is not, and should not “cry out” what is asked. Be gentle in your upbringing, but be demanding and consistent. Remember: mental
trauma can contribute to the appearance or maintenance of enuresis, make it difficult to treat.
With a serious attitude to the implementation of these recommendations, you will help your child get rid of a painful illness for everyone.
With age ,there is a decrease in enuresis, in most cases it stops during puberty. Used sedative, tonic and restorative means (gluconate calcium glycerophosphate, phytin, lecithin a, drugs bromine. Assign coniferous baths. Rehabilitation of foci of chronic infection (adenoids,tonsillitis) is of great importance.