Parents as Teachers
Parents as Teachers is a no cost home visiting program for pregnant women and families with children 0-5 years of age. The program’s vision is that all children will learn, grow, and develop to realize their full potential. All prospective parents and parents with a child birth to age 5 are eligible for the program if they live in the following cities:
- Mesa, Gilbert, Higley, and Queen Creek
- Ahwatukee, Carefree, Cave Creek, Chandler, Fort McDowell Yavapai Nation, Fountain Hills, Guadalupe, Paradise Valley, Rio Verde, Scottsdale, and Tempe.
There are four main parts to Parents as Teachers:
1) Home Visiting: A Parent Educator will come to your home to provide valuable tools and support to help you in your role as your child’s first and most important teacher. You and your child(ren) will participate in activities designed for their age and developmental milestones.
2) Resource and Referral: Your Parent Educator will help you find and connect to other resources in your community to ensure you have all the support you need.
3) Group Meetings: Group events are held each month. At these meetings you will be able to interact with other parents, engage in activities with your child, and learn about important topics that are relevant to you and your family.
4) Screening: Your Parent Educator will also provide screenings to make sure your child(ren) are healthy and developing to their full potential. These include hearing, vision, health, and developmental screenings.
To learn more, contact us:
- 2220 S. Country Club, Suite 108
- Mesa, AZ 85210
Support for Parents as Teachers is provided by a grant from First Things First, which partners with families and communities to give all Arizona children the opportunity to arrive at kindergarten healthy and ready to succeed. A voter-created, statewide organization, First Things First funds early education and health programs that support the development and learning of children from birth to age 5. Decisions about how those funds are spent are made by local councils staffed by community volunteers. Learn more at FirstThingsFirstAZ.gov.
Adoption & Foster Care
In partnership with DES, AzPaC, and its Partner Agencies, recruits, trains, and assesses family’s ability and readiness to become foster in Arizona.
Arizona Families F.I.R.S.T
The AFF program provides family-centered substance abuse and recovery support services to parents or caregivers.
AzPaC began providing In Home Services through a contract with the Department of Economic Security in January, 2006.
Parents As Teachers
Parents as Teachers is a home visiting program for pregnant women and families with children 0-5 years of age.