Parents as Teachers
Parents as Teachers is a home visiting program for pregnant women and families with children 0-5 years of age. It’s vision is that all children will learn, grow, and develop to realize their full potential. All prospective parents and parents with a child birth to age 5 are eligible for the program.
There are four main parts to Parents As Teachers:
1) Home Visiting: a Parent Educator will come to your home anywhere from weekly to monthly. This person will help your family make goals and work with you to reach them. They can provide valuable tools and support for you to help you be your child’s first and best teacher.
2) Resource and Referral: your Parent Educator will help you find and connect to other resources in your community to ensure you have all the support you need.
3) Group Meetings: You will be invited to a group meeting every month with free food and child care. At these meetings you will be able to interact with other parents. We will also sometimes have trainings so you can learn the latest about your children.
4) Screening: your Parent Educator will also provide screenings to make sure your child or children are healthy and developing and learning as much as possible. You will learn what techniques work best for your specific child or children.
What services are available?
No two families have the same needs, so services are different for every family. Some things we may be able to help with:
- Health and developmental screenings for children
- Invitation to parent group meetings, with free child care
- Parenting instruction and coaching by experienced, trained specialists
- Budgeting, nutrition, household management
- Help in building a support system through community resources.
To learn more, contact us:
- 2220 S. Country Club, Suite 108
- Mesa, AZ 85210
Parents As Teachers is brought to you by First Things First. First Things First (FTF), approved by Arizona voters, works to ensure that our youngest children have access to quality early childhood experiences so they will start school healthy and ready to succeed. Across the state, FTF regional partnership councils – in collaboration with local leaders – identify the educational and health needs of children from birth through age 5 in their communities and fund strategies to address those needs.
Adoption & Foster Care
In partnership with DES, AzPaC, and its Partner Agencies, recruits, trains, and assesses family’s ability and readiness to become foster in Arizona.
Arizona Families F.I.R.S.T
The AFF program provides family-centered substance abuse and recovery support services to parents or caregivers.
AzPaC began providing In Home Services through a contract with the Department of Economic Security in January, 2006.
Parents As Teachers
Parents as Teachers is a home visiting program for pregnant women and families with children 0-5 years of age.